I just got tagged by and have to tell you 10 things about me!
Here are rules:
*You must post these rules.
*Each tagged person must post 10 things about themselves on their journal.
*You have to choose and tag 10 people and post their icons on the same journal.
*Go to their pages and tell them you tagged them.
*No tag backs
So here it goes....
1) I am a single, 34 year old male veteran who deployed in support of OIF and OEF.
2) I am definitely one to prefer heat over cold, though I did have some fun in the recent snowstorm! Cleaning up after it was even a bit of fun! I think that two tours in the middle east have warmed me up to hotter weather, I'm used to it now, but since I live in PA have to put up with 8 months of cooler weather each year...lol!
3) I am mechanically inclined, love working on and modifying cars and such, don't mind getting dirty, can weld and fabricate stuff, and am employed as a forklift mechanic.
4)In direct conflict with the mental images brought up by #3 and #1(cmon, admit you had a different mental image), I love to draw, love walks through the woods, have long hair that I fuss over constantly, walk around barefoot whenever possible, enjoy playing chess and parcheesi, and get all excited anytime a disney movie is on...especially if it's Aladdin, Tangled, The little mermaid, or one of the other animated ones.
5) No, I am not gay, lol! But you may call me "manpunzel" if you wish (my hair isn't quite long enough, though.)
6)I tend to be very good with animals and children, especially since my demeanor leans towards innocence whenever possible (though acting innocent and being innocent are two mutually exclusive things...I have seen a bit in my life so far, but not nearly enough, which is why I try to see things with an air of innocence whenever possible.)
7) I am active in Ashtanga, mysore, and bikram yoga. I also train in parkour. I am just beginning but i am enjoying it all immensely so far!
8) I love water, love getting wet, but am not a great swimmer. Figure that out.
9)After 6 years active duty in the Navy, nightschool, driving across the country twice, and after 3 years of being back in my hometown, I still haven't decided what I want to do with my life or which direction to take. All I do know is that I still have so, so much to experience before I die.
10)I think I am a very lucky person, so as such I try to volunteer my time to help others once in ahwile. I donate to united way, donate blood, and cook for a local shelter once a month. It's not much but it still makes me feel good inside knowing that I help at least a little bit. If we all did just a little bit the world would be more than a little bit better for everyone
Here's the 10 lucky people I tagged!